Lorenzo, from his real name Jeremiah Serrandour, born in Brest, in Finistère,, is a French rapper. He is part of the Rennes rap collective Columbine under the alias of Larry Garcia. Lorenzo proclaims himself “Emperor of the Dirty” when his first mixtape of the same name is released on .
Before becoming a rapper, Jérémie Serrandour completed a literary final in theater and cinema at the Lycée Bréquigny in Rennes., he obtained his baccalaureate diploma there in 2013. It was there that he met the members of the Columbine group..
Under the name of Larry Garcia, he directs most of the videos for the Columbine collective. He nicknames several of his friends in the same vein as his character.
In 2016, Lorenzo began his career by posting his humorous songs on YouTube and made himself known through the single Freestyle du sale, but also thanks to its “dirty shows”,. He decides to release a single disc from the album Emperor of the Dirty that he engraves on a CD then decorates with the marker. He puts the ad up for sale on eBay and, in a few minutes, the price exceeds € 50,000. Site removes ad first time due to portrayal of penis on cover[réf. nécessaire].
He works with several labels such as Initial Artist Services or Digital Distribution Serbia, which contribute to his album, Nothing to jerk off, released on , preceded by the single Red card. The album is certified platinum. Le single Smoke thoroughly is certified gold disc two months after its release then diamond disc in .
His third album, Sex in the City, take it out . Pre-ordering the CD on his website gave a chance to win a lifetime subscription to the pornographic site Marc Dorcel and copies sold to FNAC are included with a condom.
Lorenzo is a rapper character with a nasal voice and a cannabis-addicted, porn-addicted commuter accent, played by Jérémie Serrandour who conceals his true personality, including when interviewed on Skyrock in Planet Rap or in Tracks on Arte[réf. nécessaire].
Lorenzo is repeatedly criticized by feminist activists for his pornographic and sexist texts.
- « Lorenzo, the Rennes phenomenon of dirty rap “, on France3 Regions, (consulted the 9 avril 2018)
- « Lorenzo, Da Silva … These artists who have passed through Dinan “, on West France, (consulted the 12 avril 2018)
- Empereur du sale de Lorenzo extracts, cover and tracklist (read online)
- « Before the hype and the controversy, Lorenzo was only a high school student in film option », Greenroom, (read online, consulted on 11 avril 2018)
- « Bravo Jeremie SERRANDOUR Admitted BAC 2013! The Parisian Student “, on etudiant.aujourdhui.fr (consulted the Jan. 31, 2018)
- François-Luc Doye, ” Columbine, the collective that is aging French rap », Les Inrocks, (read online)
- « Who is really the emperor of the dirty French rap? », Ulyces, (read online, consulted on Jan. 31, 2018)
- « Who is Lorenzo “The Emperor of the Dirty”? “, on Booska-p, (consulted the 9 avril 2018)
- « Lorenzo was the victim of an addicted gamer “, on 20 minutes, (consulted the 9 avril 2018)
- Certifications, SNEP.
- « Lorenzo checks stuff at his buddy Zarma’s CD factory “, on Mov ‘, (consulted in January 2021)
- Emeline Laurence, ” Lorenzo slipped condoms into the physical version of his album Sex In The City “, on Mov ‘, (consulted in January 2021)